Friday, July 9, 2010

Contacts

Two posts in like, one hour, go me!

I am blind. Not legally, no, but without my glasses or my contacts everything is blurry. I can wander aimlessly without my vision machines, mostly likely wont crash into anything, but I can't read or see clearly without them. I'm pretty blind without them. I actually can't see colors very well without them.

Anyway, enough about how stupid my eyes are, I do plan on getting my retinas lasered at some point.
But for now I have my glasses and my contacts.

My contacts at this very moment are the reason I'm even making this post.
I'll start with my glasses first, though.
My glasses are cute and trendy right now, sort of. They're big, with thick, dark purple frames. I loved them when I found them. Then after some time I learned that they give me a unibrow shadow in the right light if I have my hair pulled back and that's stupid and ugly and I hate it. You just can't pluck shadows!

So my husband now has a chance to choose my glasses for me. He wants me to have something smart. I've been thinking about the glasses without the frames. Open up my face a bit.

Anyway... so I just bought these new contacts a couple of weeks ago. supposed to make my eyes bright green. She said it was going to be really bright. Hardly a difference than my own eye color except, well, they're more noticeably green. They hide the hazel.
I like them though, they're subtle, but extreme at the same time.
Although they have this one flaw. It's either my contacts or my eye.
My right eye likes to suck all the juice out of the contact so that it's basically adhered to my eye and I have to dump a bunch of eye drops into my eye and try to get some liquid under the contact so I can even take them out, don't worry, it doesn't hurt and I have no intentions of scratching my retina. Gonna get it LAZERED! one day...
But so, anyway, this crap just builds up under my contact and I'm stuck with a family of those wiggly eyeball worms that float on your eye and you can't look directly at it because no matter how hard you try it keeps moving. Then it just annoys you and you want it to go away so you squeeze your eyes shut and you can still see it and all you want to do is scream!

Anyway... I think I need to take my contacts out. I'm pretty sure I can only wear them for like 8 hours before life fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment